Thursday, November 27, 2008

Typography 2 - Project 3



I have officially gone cross-eyed twice and fallen asleep at my desk three times since beginning this project. But it's done, and boy am I proud.

Project 3 was to create a book from scratch, using the article we had written about our famous typographer! We had to do everything (dedication page, acknowledgments, copyright, everything)

Mine is filled with dummy pages (basically just blanks) to make it thicker.
It's about an inch thick, and its covered in a gorgeous piece of suede. I want to snuggle it, but it's a book... not a teddy bear.
(The cover is a dust cover - I wasn't about to ruin that nice suede with printing...!)

The dust cover (as you can see from the actual image of it) printed a lot darker than the original file (which happens a lot when you go from screen to printer, one type of paper to another, or even between two different printers)
Thankfully it didn't do what it sometimes does and completely change the color (I've had blues print green before...!) and the darker brown turned out to be awfully nice.

I'm not going to post full size pictures of the inside (since there would be a lot of them)

2 comments:

Ali @ spiltmartini.com said...

Your book is beeoutiful! It makes me want to run away from science and join you on the dark (or light?) side. Though I am taking a type designing class next semester! I might be in Toronto in the spring! (if U of T wants me that is)

Tori said...

Ooooh! We should do dinner sometime if U of T does want you! (they're foolish if they don't take you)

Yes - join the dark side
We have cookies, fancy paper, and markers!