Monday, January 19, 2009

Typography 3 - Project 1


A new year, a new typography class.
And a new way to make messes.

Project 1 involved taking things we saw around us, and trying to see the letters or words in them. Think of it this way: a tire on a car is an O.
We then had to pick a word, and illustrate it with everyday things. Some of us opted to draw out letters with things (everything from scarves to firefighting gear showed up) or to make the letters out of things like water, ketchup, etc.

More importantly we had to give the image a bit of a meaning, if at all possible. Sam's was "courage", and she wrote it with firefighter's gear (several men in her family are firefighters)
I chose "ouch" because I hurt myself a lot.
Sadly all of my Hello Kitty bandaids were killed in battle with the ketchup.

Make way for ketchup fingers!
MESSY I AM, AND MESSY I SHALL EVER BE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg, that is mildly gross. Good idea though, it is very fitting for you.

The Hello Kitty bandages gave me a laugh.