Monday, February 9, 2009

Communication Design 1 - Project 2


Finally. FINALLY I can get rid of it.
3 months later, after surviving the strike that delayed this class, I get to pass off this project and never look at it again. I learned to hate it with a fiery passion over the break. It seems like every time I looked at it I found one more thing to change. One more thing to rethink. One more TINY detail that Maria might not like.
I'm fairly certain I lost my mind.

I won't even get into the issues I had PRINTING it...!

The idea of the project was to create a fake, four page, layout for the New York Times Magazine - to make it as if our projects were one of the featured articles in an issue. As a topic we used the same topic as project one (mine happened to be eating disorders)
We had certain criteria to follow: the same page sizes as the magazine (9.5 inches x 11.5 inches), the folios (page numbers) in the same place, use one of the many choices of underlying grids used in the actual magazine, have a minimum of 3 images, and at least 2 graphs, charts, or tables.

PHEW.
In the end: yes I do actually like it now. I will never, ever, love it like some of my other projects.

The color in the images is muted. Printed it's actually closer to Olive green.
I had to change the percentage of yellow in the colors so it would print properly.

No comments: