Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Editorial Design - Project 1




After a long wait, here is the first layout I created for my magazine.
This article had to be made using only typographic elements, and basic shapes. You weren't allowed to do any illustrations, use photos, etc.

The magazine is called VENTURE, and as an excuse to finally get to use all my photos from Japan I made it a travel magazine. But a travel magazine with a focus on the spiritual destinations of the world, rather than the top ten hotels or beaches.

The article is about a zen garden in Kyoto Japan called Ryoanji. Google some pictures of this place. It's worth a look. But it's better in person (hahahah!)

No I didn't write the article. I wish I had had the time, because I have lots of memories of how gorgeous Ryoanji was, but there's only so much you can do when you have two weeks to make 3 pages look good together!

No comments: