Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wayfarer




It took me forever to decide what to call this.
I even had all my friends send me their ideas - I ended up picking only a piece of one suggestion.

WOW canvas painting is fun.
This is my first ever attempt at paining with acrylics on canvas.

It turned out... pinker... than I'd wanted. But I suppose that's what I get for flying by the seat of my pants!
I HAVE learned a few things from all the guesswork: one being to paint the background first.

It's a Japanese crane.
I have no real explanation as to why I picked that particular bird, other than the fact that they're gorgeous animals. They have a bright red cap on their heads, and snow white feathers.

They also do a ridiculous courtship dance, but we won't get into that.

As for the gigantic ribbon: what can I say?
I like fabric.


Here are a couple close-ups:


No comments: