Friday, January 11, 2008

His Forest


This was a boredom drawing that turned into something more.

I didn't really have a reason for it - I just desperately wanted to draw something with antlers. One girl who saw it on my other art site mentioned that it reminded her of woodland indian beliefs, where every species of animal has a guardian spirit that watches over them.

She thought maybe that's what this fellow could be: guardian for elk.


The background was the hardest. I rarely have the patience (or the knowledge) to draw in full backgrounds and make them look right. Maybe it helped that all of this was done at ungodly hours of the morning?

Either way - I drew everything except the elk guardian himself directly into my art program on my laptop. Which made it a lot harder: drawing onto paper is easier to control.

Either way: I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end.

No comments: