Monday, February 16, 2009

Communication Design 1 - Project 3



For once, for ONCE, I love a project outcome from this class.
How do you spell relief?
APPARENTLY you spell it "create a brochure convincing people to donate to a cause"

That's literally all we were instructed to do.
Technically it's supposed to appeal to an older audience, but I feel like mine will work for anyone with female relatives. Maybe that's my ego talking. But the ol' ego hasn't had a chance to stretch it's legs for a while, so I'm just going to let it run rampant for a bit.

Specifications for the project changed a bit because of the strike.
The brochure itself is 8 inches high, 16 inches long. Before the strike messed up our lives we were also supposed to create an envelope for it, as if it was a direct mail piece (you know - those flyers you get in the mail all the time, asking you to donate, or informing you of events you might be interested in)
Class resumption meant less time to get critiques on the project, and hence the scrapping of the envelope.

This one folds a little differently than conventional brochures.
It's kind of like a scroll. The back pages are all folded into one another, and hidden under the cover. It's supposed to entice you to turn the next page. Um...
It's a lot more effective in person. Haha.
Photos and the actual file can only do it so much justice.

It's on nice silky paper, too.
Which is lovely. I got tired of having to print on card stock (I can't seem to mount anything on thinner paper to illustration board without ripping it to shreds... hmmmm...)


I have to really thank Jessica Truscott for this. It's her stock image that I used.
It's actually surprisingly difficult to find GOOD portraits of emotions. Most of them are too over-the-top for my tastes. So props! I love your stock!

No comments: