Thursday, November 5, 2009

Communication Design 2 - Project 2


Following up the posters for the Harvest Jazz and Blues festival with a ticket design.
The idea was to keep the feel of the original poster - I chose to work with the trumpet player - while using only TWO colours.

Two colours is a real pain, but I did it.
I switched pantones at LEAST six times while test printing this bad boy.
All the yellows I chose printed pumpkin orange, for some inexplicable reason.
Although I should have known: pantones are infamous for not liking anything with orange in it.

In the end I liked having to work with so few colour options: you don't have time to get bogged down in all the options. You have two, you make them work, end of story.

The very thin yellow line at the bottom is where the perforation would have been had this been an actual ticket. I wanted the ticket holder to be able to keep most of the imagery as a memento of the concert.

No comments: