Monday, November 2, 2009

Drawing for Design - Project 1





This is quite possibly the only project I've ever had that nearly gave me hypothermia.
We had to go out over our October reading week and draw 20 sketches of a building of our choice: easier said than done when the weather that week decided to dip into the minuses, with wind!

I drew the Church of the Holy Trinity. It's this adorable little church jammed in between the Eaton Centre and the Mariott hotel downtown.

We then took those 20 sketches, chose at least 3, and combined them to make abstract compositions as the final piece.

There are only a few sketches included here, but they're my favorites.
They're also not the ones I used for the actual composition: the general consensus was that the one-point perspective drawings I had done were better suited to be combined than the two or three-point perspectives.

No comments: