Wednesday, March 26, 2008

But he that dares...

Drew this one sleepless night from some really old figure drawing sketches. It's for a favorite artist of mine on another art site, who held an impromptu art contest just for fun. All we had to do was tell her we wanted to participate, and she would give us a theme to base at least one entry on. We then had to pick one or several of her fictional characters to draw in that theme.
This one's theme was roses.

It happened to be near Valentine's day when I finished it, so it's sort of my obligatory salute to Valentine's.

I also (probably because of the fact that when I posted this originally on the other site it was well past 4am and I was debating just going to find breakfast) gave it a corny quote.
"But he that dares no grasp the thorn should never crave the rose"

Long story short: I love it. Loki loved it. That's a lot of pink.
I never want to draw that much hair again (although I SAY that, and just watch what will happen)

No comments: